Pre-Owned Harley-Davidson® Motorcycles for Sale Near Salisbury, MD
Browse Our Selection at Rommel Harley-Davidson® Delmarva
We don’t carry any cheap motorcycles at Rommel Harley-Davidson® Delmarva. Let our staff help you find the used Harley-Davidson® motorcycle that fits your style. We’re located near Salisbury, Easton, and Cambridge, Maryland. Our Harley-Davidson® dealership features many new and pre-owned Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. We also have dedicated parts and service departments to help you maintain your motorcycle. Whether you’re working with a limited budget or you just like the look of the classic models, we can help you find the best bike for you!
Why Buy a Used Harley-Davidson® Motorcycle at Our Dealership?
Buying a used motorcycle is a great way to enter into the world of motorcycle riding and buying a used Harley-Davidson® is no different. When you buy one, you get the looks, performance, and culture of the newer bikes while saving some money. Be sure to check out all of our used Harley-Davidson® motorcycles for sale at Rommel Harley-Davidson® Delmarva. We also proudly serve the areas of Salisbury, Easton, and Cambridge, MD. Here are a few reasons why you should consider buying a used Harley-Davidson® motorcycle at our local dealership today:
- Savings – The biggest and most apparent benefit to buying a used Harley is the savings, which is mainly due to depreciation. As soon as a motorcycle leaves the lot, it loses a decent amount of its value. When you buy a used motorcycle, you get to skip out on that depreciation dip. You can also save on insurance costs since a used bike typically comes with lower insurance rates than the newer models.
- Engine Performance – Since you're buying a used Harley, the engine has already been "broken-in," which means you don't have to worry about babying the engine during the first few hundred miles. Used bike engines typically run more smoothly because of this reason. However, since the engine of a used Harley-Davidson® will have some miles on it, you have to be sure to maintain the engine.
- Aftermarket Parts – Owning a used motorcycle allows you to make more customizations and add enhancements thanks to the plethora of aftermarket parts available.
- Classic Style – Similar to collectors in many other fields, Harley-Davidson® enthusiasts tend to appreciate the classic style of the motorcycle models of yesteryear best. Why buy a newer model that’s mimicking a classic style when you can buy the original?
What You Should Check When Buying a Pre-Owned Harley-Davidson®
If you’re purchasing a pre-owned motorcycle, it’s a given that you’ll want to see the bike’s service records, history, and vehicle identification number (VIN). Here’s a handy checklist of what else you should be checking:
- Appearance – You can tell a lot about a motorcycle’s condition and how well it’s been kept by previous owners by looking at its overall appearance. If it looks like the bike was kept clean in even the hard-to-reach areas where the most dirt accumulates, the chances are good that the former owner also kept the bike in good condition as well.
- Exhaust & Frame – You’ll want to examine the motorcycle’s exhaust for any signs of rust or corrosion. Be sure to also check the bike’s frame for noticeable dents or cracks that could indicate the bike either bottomed out or was involved in an accident.
- Brakes – Brakes are crucial to the bike’s safety, so you’ll want to test those out to make sure they don’t need work done on them. You should be able to bring the bike to a stop without any major hiccups from the brake lever or noises from the brakes themselves.
- Suspension – The motorcycle’s forks and fork seals should be free of oil and smooth. Try bouncing up and down on the bike to test its shocks and suspension. There should be some resistance.
- Clutch – The clutch should have a little slack, but the motorcycle should be able to coast smoothly in first gear with little to no resistance while the clutch is engaged.
- Fuel Tank – When inspecting the motorcycle’s fuel tank, you’re looking for signs of any rust or gritty sediment. There are special coatings that can be applied to prevent rust.
- Tires – You can tell a lot about a motorcycle by examining its tires. If they show signs of diagonal wear-and-tear, the bike could have an alignment issue. A lot of wear-and-tear on the rear tire’s center could mean the bike saw its fair share of long-distance rides. Flat areas on the tires could indicate the bike saw hard braking or even skidding.
- Oil – You never want to see metal flakes in your motorcycle’s oil. If these are present, it has serious issues with its engine, and it will end up needing a lot of work done.
Take One of Our Used Harley-Davidson® Motorcycles for a Ride
Ready to buy a used Harley-Davidson® motorcycle in Salisbury, MD? Stop by Rommel Harley-Davidson® and take one for a test ride today! We're a short drive from Easton and Cambridge, MD as well. You may also browse our inventory online in the convenience of your own home, although we do encourage you to come in and inspect our used motorcycles in person before making a purchase. Should you have any questions about our pre-owned Harley-Davidson® inventory, please feel free to call us!